These industry veterans will add great value to the CIT Capital Equipment Finance team across several functions, including originations and underwriting, and they follow on the key appointments across the group that were announced earlier this year
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CIT Group Inc. (NYSE:CIT), cit.com, a leading provider of commercial lending and leasing services, today announced that CIT Capital Equipment Finance made several additional appointments designed to further build a best-in-class team focused on creating tailored capital equipment financing solutions for middle market companies.
“These industry veterans will add great value to the CIT Capital Equipment Finance team across several functions, including originations and underwriting, and they follow on the key appointments across the group that were announced earlier this year,” said Eric Miller, Group Head and Managing Director, CIT Capital Equipment Finance. “Each of these individuals brings with them valuable skills and years of equipment lending experience, which will further enhance our large-ticket equipment lending platform. I look forward to continuing to build our nationwide capital equipment finance originations group, with robust underwriting, portfolio management and operations support, as we deliver customized financial solutions to our customers.”
The key appointments include:
- William Hayburn, Director: Hayburn is responsible for originations for Southern California, Nevada and Arizona. Prior to joining CIT, he was with GE Capital Corporation for 22 years, where he held positions of increasing responsibility. Most recently, he served as a Senior Vice President covering Southern California and specializing in leases, loans and project financing with a focus on middle market companies. Hayburn received a BS in Business Administration from the University of Southern California.
- Michael Verploegh, Director: Verploegh is responsible for originations for the Midwest region of the U.S. Prior to joining CIT, he held positions of increasing responsibility over a 17-year career at GE Capital Corporation, where he focused on business development and relationship management while providing equipment financing and working capital solutions to middle market and large companies. Verploegh received a BA in Finance from Western Michigan University and an MBA from the Eli Broad Graduate School of Management at Michigan State University.
- Stephen Peterson, Director: Peterson joins CIT Capital Equipment Finance as Director, Underwriting. Prior to joining CIT, Peterson was with GE Capital Corporation for 15 years. He has over 25 years of industry experience that includes equipment financing, corporate aircraft financing and cash flow lending. He received his BA in Finance from the University of St. Thomas in Minnesota.
- Rick Dusek, Vice President, Asset Management: Dusek joins CIT from Capital One Equipment Finance, where he was the Director of Special Assets for the equipment management group. He holds a senior accreditation with the American Society of Appraisers and has over 25 years of asset management experience. Prior work experience includes 14 years at SunTrust Equipment Finance and nine years with GE Capital Corporation.
- Beata Nicpon, Contract Administrator: Nicpon joins CIT as a Contract Administrator. Previously, Nicpon was with GE Capital Corporation, where she was a senior transaction coordinator and held roles in the client portfolio and payoff specialist areas. Prior to working at GE, Nicpon held a Corporate Service Specialist role at Citi Capital. Nicpon received her BS in Business Finance Administration from Mercy College and is currently working toward her MBA from the University of Connecticut.
About CIT Capital Equipment Finance
CIT Capital Equipment Finance is a leading provider of equipment financing solutions for middle market companies in a wide range of industries. CIT Equipment Finance specializes in providing equipment loans and leases for transactions ranging in size from $5 million to approximately $100 million and more.cit.com/capitalequipment
Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with more than $65 billion in assets. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has more than $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across a wide variety of industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. cit.com